Introduction Thread

Everything not related to Submerge.
Lemonsponge
Submerge Dev Team

Introduction Thread

Postby Lemonsponge » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Use this thread to say hello to the community and maybe introduce yourself. Like... I don't know...

Hi, I'm Lemonsponge,
Project Manager and Community Caretaker at Icebird Studios,
addicted to Minecraft, coffee and a variety of fattening food.

Maybe talk about your favourite games or stuff like that, whatever you feel like sharing with us.
rocker_the_dude

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby rocker_the_dude » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi most of the dev team know me already - my name is Matt aka Rocker and from the name it might not hard to guess that one of my fav. music styles is Heavy Metal. I am lucky we got two awesome cats which make everyday life less stressful and have the ability to save your day no matter how shitty it might have been before. :D

Besides that I like classical shooter games and racing games most, also tower defense and defense games in general.
Oh, if you like NFS and got a surround system at home - I definately recommend watching "Need for Speed" the movie - forget about the dialogs and story, simply enjoy the view and sound.

Speaking of amazing things:
I saw the first version of SUBMERGE on 2012 - already then I was pretty sure this game has a lot of potential and after I see what the dev team accomplished in the last months it seems it will come out great.
In summer 2014 I was glad I could contribute a few things to the concept, like the basics for the user interface concept, which would be awesome if it makes it into the final game in some way.

Looking forward to see this game get the recognition it deserves and have the chance that we further work together soon. ;)

All the best and talk to ya soon
Rocker (~first release 1979) // Freelance Art Director & Game Designer //
~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ +
Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.
Lemonsponge
Submerge Dev Team

Postby Lemonsponge » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:02 am

Hi Matt, good to have you here man :)
Schinken

Postby Schinken » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Hello, my name is Manuel (or Schinken :P).
I first heard of Submerge at Gamescom 2012 and participated in a tournament (It was Saturday iirc). I got 2nd place and won a Razer ("Disney Tron Edition") mouse and some Submerge traing/playing cards. I returned for the next tournament on Sunday (You guys said there would be another tournament on Sunday) but some guy at the booth told us (I was with 2 friends who also played Submerge on Saturday) that you already left and that there would be no tournament :<. But he still gave us some Razer goodies (nice guy :)).

Anyway, I'm 21 years old and play Dota 2 regularly. I tested all kinds of "MOBA" (*cough*) games, League of Legends, DotA, Heroes of Newearth, Infinite Crisis (Closed Beta), Dead Island: Epidemic (Closed Alpha, quite fresh compared to the rest) and some others.

I live in Gelsenkirchen, Germany and like programming (I first "started" when I was 14 but didn't really get far until a few years later). I tried to program some games but always lost track because of having too many projects at once (I also like microcontroller programming and some other stuff that gets in the way of game programming :<).

Anyway, here I am, I might sound like a creep for remembering stuff from e.g. gamescom so vividly but well... I just have a pretty good memory for stuff like this.

Also: I lost my Submerge Cards :< and the Razer mouse "broke" after 2 weeks of use (I was never a Razer fan).
submeregedaxe

Postby submeregedaxe » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 am

Hello forum :)

I heard about this place from a post on reddit about the sign up for submerged play test. It looks to be a great game with tons of promise.
Lemonsponge
Submerge Dev Team

Postby Lemonsponge » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:43 am

Hey guys, good to have you here :)

submergedaxe, if you haven't signed up already for the play tests, you can do that here http://submerge-game.com/playtest_signup/ :) there is also more information about the game
Rodrigo

Rodrigo is here

Postby Rodrigo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi all. I'm Rodrigo Medeiros and I'm from an island called São Miguel, which is in the Azores.

I love gaming, a wide range of music genres and basically everything about PCs, specially software-ise (I have an habit of tweaking everything I get my h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ mouse cursor on). :)

I found about Submerge at Reddit. :)
Ceratius

Postby Ceratius » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey guys,
my name is Ceratius (call me Cera pl0x) and I'm from Germany. I heared from Submerged on this year's gamescom and I liked it(see my feedback thread if you're interested in my thoughts). Normally I play a hole lot of LoL and yeah, nothing else atm, although I have a crap ton of games I should play from my steam library. I am a big fan of forums and feedback sections, so yeah, I want to make the Game better as good as I can! Feel free to add your own opinions to mine, I am a really open person and i won't take anything personally. Everybody wants to help out, I think.
So yeah, that's it.
Greetings,
Cera
t-h-omy

Postby t-h-omy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 am

Hey, great to have you here! Thanks for your feedback, it's very appreciated! Good luck playing some new steam games - we all know the challenge ;)
I'm looking forward to some nice discussions about the game! Did you take part in a tournament at Gamescom?
Ceratius

Postby Ceratius » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:44 am

t-h-omy wrote:[...]
I'm looking forward to some nice discussions about the game! Did you take part in a tournament at Gamescom?

Me too, of course. Unfortunately, I couldn't take part in a tournament at gamescom, although I would've liked it. But I bashed some noobs in Deathmatch (don't take this seriously, I'm just kidding). Was really fun. :D

Edit: You should change the color of the quotebox, because I had to change the font color to black manually. :D

Return to “Off Topic”